The private equity market over the past few decades has constituted an important source of financing for start-up companies, private middle market companies and established closely-held companies. Rock & Hammer has worked with many private equity funds, both large and small, and we have developed a team of professionals that can deliver the services and solutions that fund managers can rely on.
With the advent of Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) registration of larger private equity fund managers, the regulation and compliance workload has increased for these funds, and we have been able to help them overcome reporting and compliance issues.
We have worked with:
- Buyout firms
- Venture capital funds
- Growth capital funds
- Special situation funds, distressed debt, mezzanine financing
- Small Business Investment Companies (SBIC’s)
- Real estate funds
We assist our private equity fund clients in identifying the accounting, audit and tax issues that are specific to this industry. We offer advice on investor reporting, investment tax structure, fund administration and complex accounting and tax matters. We have worked with private equity funds that manage funds of upward of $1 billion.
Rock & Hammer’s experts can assist with a variety of public equity fund needs including:
- Audit of fund financial statements
- Due diligence relating to acquisitions of portfolio companies
- Fund administration and outsourced accounting
- Asset valuations
- Start up services and partnership formation
- Advisory services on investor reporting
- Investment tax structure advice
- Tax planning and compliance
- Tax return and schedule K-1 preparation
- Interim financial reporting to investors
- Management company accounting and tax services